There are several medical benefits associated with the use of pacifiers that include providing comfort, contributing towards neurobehavioural organisation, and reducing the risk of sudden infant death syndrome.1 The GumDrop Pacifier can help to provide this extra level of support to newborns who need it.
DESIGNED FOR COMFORT
Lightweight and soft, single-body, silicone construction, the GumDrop pacifier rests comfortably against the face and can easily remain in place while the newborn is sleeping. Shaped like a nipple, the GumDrop pacifier can help support nursing in newborn infants, without the potential of reducing breastfeeding success.2 Effective feeding and sleeping helps get the newborn off to a great start, giving new mothers the chance to rest and recuperate after childbirth.
DESIGNED FOR CARE
Featuring a low profile, the GumDrop pacifier allows the newborn to continue to suck and sleep. Ideal for NICU interventions, it‘s use is also uninterrupted by NCPAP and nasal tubes. It is ideally shaped for side-lying, and features an open back for easy repositioning, causing minimum disturbance when setting nasal tubes and cannulas. The result? Easier treatment, helping to support better outcomes and the potential to help reduce the risk of SIDS.3
DESIGNED FOR SAFETY
The GumDrop pacifier is designed with a single body construction, removing any risk of disassembling and components being accidentally swallowed. And made using only medical grade silicone, it ensures the newborn is safe from exposure to any unwanted substances during a critical period in its early development. Available in both preemie and newborn sizes, the GumDrop pacifier can be used to comfort even the tiniest of NICU newborns, simultaneously removing the need for trimming and ensuring full legal compliance with US and International safety standards.
- A lightweight pacifier for easy retention during sleep
- Molded with soft silicone, makes the GumDrop surface smooth to the touch
- Curved to fit the newborn’s face for an excellent fit
- Nipple shape promotes non-nutritive sucking and can help to encourage nursing2
- Low profile pacifier accommodates all CPAP and nasal cannulas without the need to trim
- Ideal for side lying with open back for easy positioning and repositioning
- Single-body construction prevents folding and disassembling
- No trimming required, ensuring GumDrop passes US Consumer Product Safety Commission and EN standards for pull through safety tests
- Supports American Academy of Pediatrics guidelines on helping prevent sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS)3
- Medical grade silicone – phthalate- and BPA-free, not made with natural rubber latex
- Approved for hospital and home use Compliant with 16 CFR 1511 and EN 1400:2013 standards
IT'S EASY FOR PARENTS TO BUY GUMDROPS:
The GumDrop pacifiers are available online at Amazon.com
1 Lubbe and ten Ham-Baloyi BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth (2017) 17:130 DOI 10.1186/s12884-017-1306-8
2 Effect of restricted pacifier use in breastfeeding term infants for increasing duration of breastfeeding. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2016, Issue 8. Art. No.: CD007202. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD007202.pub4.
3 SIDS and Other Sleep-Related Infant Deaths: Evidence Base for 2016 Updated Recommendations for a Safe Infant Sleeping Environment. Rachel Y. Moon and TASK FORCE ON SUDDEN INFANT DEATH SYNDROME Pediatrics 2016;138; DOI: 10.1542/peds.2016-2940 originally published online October 24, 2016; Jaafar SH, Ho JJ, Jahanfar S, Angolkar M.