Most Effective Degradation of Bilirubin1
Meets AAP Guidelines for Intensive phototherapy2
Blue LEDs emit most of their light in the 450-475 nm spectrum. This range corresponds to the peak absorption wavelength (458 nm) at which bilirubin is broken down.1
Covers Maximum Surface Area
Arrangement of LEDs allow light to illuminate full surface area of baby
- neoBLUE LEDs do not emit significant light in the ultraviolet (UV) range - reducing the potential risk of skin damage
- neoBLUE LEDs do not emit significant light in the infrared radiation (IR) range - reducing the potential risk of fluid loss
Versatile light enclosure provides power of multiple lights with just one device
- With a simple flip of a switch, change from standard (15 µW/cm2/nm) to intensive (35 µW/cm2/nm) phototherapy
- Unique red target light enables precise centering of light over baby
- Can be adjusted both horizontally and vertically, and tilted over a wide angle range
- Rubber feet supplied allow stable placement directly onto incubator
- Includes gas shock mechanism, which maintains a safe pole position during height adjustments
- Base designed to slide easily under a majority of incubators and cribs
- neoBLUE LEDs reduce costly and timeconsuming bulb replacements
- Life testing has shown neoBLUE LEDs can emit high intensity phototherapy for over 50,000 hours
- Biomedical engineers can adjust the output of the neoBLUE LEDs using a potentiometer
- neoBLUE LED panel is field serviceable – no downtime associated with patient care
Available Light Drape designed to block light from caregivers
- Design ensures vents on the neoBLUE device are not blocked during use
- Created from cotton or cotten-blend fabrics and machine washable
1 Vreman HJ, et al. Light-emitting diodes: a novel light source for phototherapy. Pediatric Research. 1998; 44(5):804-809.
2 Subcommittee on Hyperbilirubinemia. American Academy of Pediatrics clinical practice guideline: Management of hyperbilirubinemia in the newborn infant 35 or more weeks of gestation. Pediatrics. 2004; 114(1):297-316.
For more information on this or any product, please send us a message in the form below.