Intensive phototherapy that supports family-centered care & newborn development.
The next generation neoBLUE blanket turns jaundice management into easy routine care, offering immediate and intensive blue LED phototherapy in a variety of settings. Treatment can continue while breastfeeding and providing skin-to-skin contact while avoiding disruptions to the continuum of care. The neoBLUE blanket places families at the center of newborn care.
Safe by design
Safety always takes priority in newborn care. The neoBLUE blanket LED Phototherapy System ensures intensive yet safe LED phototherapy with reduced risk of skin damage and water loss.
Flexible by design
Portable and lightweight, the neoBLUE blanket is ideal in the NICU, well-baby nurseries and the home environment, fitting into existing enclosures such as cribs, bassinets, radiant warmers and incubators. Used either as a stand-alone unit or in conjunction with neoBLUE overhead phototherapy systems, it provides flexibility for high intensity therapy when needed.1
Comfortable by design
The soft neoBLUE blanket pad is anatomical in shape and available in different sizes. With its comfortable mattress and long lightweight cable, it is designed for the newborn to be held during therapy, helping to promote mother-child bonding and overall newborn well-being.
- Streamlined, oval design conforms to the shape of the newborn
- Large and small blanket sizes available
- Mattress provides comfortable cushioning underneath the newborn
- Disposable mattress covers ensure clean, soft surface for newborn
- The newborn can be wrapped or swaddled while using the neoBLUE blanket
- Baby can be held or nursed without interrupting phototherapy, encouraging newborn-parent bonding
At-home care for newborns with jaundice
Simple and safe to use outside the hospital environment, the neoBLUE blanket offers an effective and intensive form of LED phototherapy for home-based phototherapy programs, helping to avoid disruptions to the routines of family life.
Meets AAP guidelines for intensive phototherapy1
Intensity: Delivers intensive phototherapy: > 30 μW/cm2 /nm
Spectrum: neoBLUE LED emits blue light in the 450-475 nm spectrum – matching the peak absorption wavelength (458 nm) at which bilirubin is broken down2
Surface area coverage: The blanket provides phototherapy over a large surface area
The neoBLUE portfolio
The neoBLUE blanket is part of the neoBLUE® LED phototherapy portfolio of Natus jaundice management systems, including the neoBLUE® LED Phototherapy System, neoBLUE® compact, Biliband® Eye Protectors and neoBLUE® Radiometer.
For more information on this or any product, please send us a message in the form below.
1. Subcommittee on Hyperbilirubinemia. American Academy of Pediatrics clinical practice guideline: Management of hyperbilirubinemia in the newborn infant 35 or more weeks of gestation. Pediatrics. 2004; 114(1):297-316.
2. Vreman HJ, et al. Light-emitting diodes: a novel light source for phototherapy. Pediatric Research. 1998; 44(5):804-809.